Join Rob Hornstra and Arnold Van Bruggen for a two-day intensive workshop at the Delhi Photo Festival.
This workshop is about what we all desire as storytellers and photographers: Freedom.
Freedom creates opportunity. Opportunity makes your future.
Over the course of two days, Rob will outline how the Internet and digital printing techniques have opened up endless possibilities for self-published work. The curriculum will also address how to attract an audience to your project, collaboration between photographers and writers, crowd-funding and the process of slow journalism. This workshop’s main objective is to help students in creating independence and become liberated photographers and publishers, ready to begin sharing their stories with the world. Arnold will talk about transmedia, new media and collaborations.
Since 2009, photographer, Rob Hornstra, and writer, Arnold van Bruggen, have collaborated on The Sochi Project, documenting the Russian city of Sochi before it enters the global spotlight as the site of the 2014 Winter Olympics.
In this workshop, Rob will share his insight into the funding and marketing by using The Sochi Project as an example of a self-published photo project.
• Participants: 15
• Language: English
• Date: 27th & 28th October, 2015
• Location: Hauz Khas SOCIAL, New Delhi
• Time: 10 am – 5 pm (both days)
• Application Fee: N/A
• Workshop Fee: Rs. 12,500
• Organized by India Photo Project in collaboration with antiSOCIAL
1. A statement of purpose indicating why you want to participate in the workshop, your work
2. A link to your existing body of work
3. A photograph of yourself (so we can recognize you when you come in!)
4. Your contact information (full name, phone number and email address)
5. A letter explaining your eligibility for a scholarship (in case you are applying for one)
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Please send in your complete application in an email to:
2. The subject of the email follow be: Your Name_Rob Hornstra Worksop Application
3. Once we have received your application, we will send you a confirmation email within a few days.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, October 2, 2015
NOTIFICATION OF SELECTED APPLICANTS: Friday, October 9, 2015